Join us again as we battle food insecurity and food waste! Here are the drop-off locations for the 2022 Pumpkins for the Planet.
Your amazing neighbours have agreed again this year to transform their yards into pumpkins patches.*
Intact and carved pumpkins can be dropped off at these locations on the map on November 1st and Nov 2nd (until 1 pm)
Remember you can always drop off at Pumpkin Alley (Ernie Calcutt Park) from November 1-3 to see all of the creative pumpkins created by our neighbours.
Carved pumpkins will go to local farms to become food for animals or to improve soil health for crops.
And Once again we are working with some amazing food organizations who will be transforming your intact pumpkins into delicious and nutritious food for residents experiencing food insecurity. 🍲🍲🍲
We could still use some help with driving to farms on Nov 3 and 4th and shuttling pumpkins from the collection sites on Nov 2 –
To volunteer fill in our form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfbxpSTAckFIJlrm-9S7TK4BkONaJC4X0qUJXAqlJr0eqIxNw/viewform
Thank you to
• Food for Thought Ottawa
• Foodsharing Ottawa
• Uplands Community Council
• Riverside Park Community Association – RPCA for working with us and supporting this event.
• Special thanks to Crestway Construction + Design for volunteering a trailer for transportation.
Together we can make food waste and food insecurity less spooky.
• Arc Acres
• Stanley’s Ole Maple Farm,
• Madahoki Farm Kiwan Farms
Food Centres include:
• Orléans-Cumberland CRC Dalhousie Food Cupboard
• Heron Emergency Food Centre
• Debra Dynes Family House
• CRC Rideau-Rockcliffe CRC