As part of OSEAN’s initiative to help our pollinators and to promote food
sustainability, Ottawa South Eco Action Network is running a contest in the River, Alta Vista and Capital wards.
Nominate your front yard garden or help us find gardens in your neighbourhood! Gardens can be designed for pollinators, contain aspects of vegetable gardens, or both.
To enter our contest for Eco prizes, email us a picture of your garden so we can post it on our social media platforms. Want to nominate potential gardens seen on your daily walk? Pick up some door hanger invitations at any of the addresses below. Then, when a beautiful front yard garden catches your eye, simply hang an invitation on that person’s front door.
EMAIL ENTRIES TO: Osean.Info@gmail.com
NEW DATE: Contest runs until September 24, 2021 and winners will be notified via email.
Pick up door hangers at any of these locations:
- 717 Mooney’s Bay Place (Riverside Park North)
- 35 Erin Cres (Hunt Club)
- 107 Bourbon St. (Hunt Club)
- 272 Cunningham Ave (Alta Vista)
- 3158 Uplands (Hunt Club)
- 2318 Cotters cres (Gloucester-Southgate)
- 129 Glenhaven Pvt. (Ellwood)
- 2584 Hobson (Riverside Park North)
- 918 Rand Ave (Riverside Park South)
- 594 Blanchard Cres. (Riverside Park South)
- 77 Hawk Crescent (Hunt Club)
* The hangers will be in the front yards so there’s no need to knock on the door. Look for our poster- the hangers will be close by. Some spots for pick up include mailboxes, lending libraries, and plastic tubs. Please take only the amount of hangers you think you will give out (suggestion of 5-10). Happy hunting!
- Red wrigglers for your own worm bin
- Worm casings (an amazing supplement to your garden)
- Hand made reusable produce bags
- Beautiful painted rocks to add more magic to your garden
- Seeds (Vegetable and Native plants) for next year’s garden
- and more….
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OttawaSouthEcoAction
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/250065386077087